Sunday, May 8, 2011

Are you my Mother?

Are you my  mother was one of my favorite books growing up.  I remember the wrinkly face of the dog and the big dirty SNORT of the steam shovel, so reading that story to Finn the other day was a completely surreal experience.  What stories will he remember me reading to him and what stories will he be excited to share with his own children someday. 

I loved bedtime as a little girl because I knew that it meant my mom would come in and read stories to my sister and I.  She wouldn't just read us short little stories, we would get full novels, and each night would be a new chapter, The Little House on the Prairie series, Anne of Green Gables and Charlotte's Web were some of my favorites and I'm sure I asked for them several times.  Although Mom would fall asleep mid-chapter most nights, it is one of my fondest memories.

Thank you mom for finding the time at night, after a long day at work, making dinner, helping us with our homework and cleaning the house to read to us.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment