Monday, June 6, 2011

MakerFaire

I have been wanting to go the the MakerFaire for several years now but I always seem to miss it when it come though the Bay Area. This year I finally made it! Matt was underwhelmed by the thought of so many geeked out people so he opted to stay behind, but Finn and I donned our Star War's tee-shirts and barged over to San Mateo for some serious science and robot fun along with my parents, Mika, Cici & April.

First up, and the sole reason I really wanted to go to the Fair:

ARRR TOOO DEEE TOOO!
There were about 5 fully working droids on display that people had made themselves!  I have put this on my bucket list of things to do.

 
Introducing Finn to R2-D2...he was mesmerized
 I think Cici benefited the most from this trip, everything she encountered was amazing to her


Getting lost in the lighted forest
Showing off her Michael Jackson moves on the lighted dance floor

playing with the light wall

Moving giant Cupcakes?!  Yum

Taking a spin on the solar powered merry-go-round
When Finn wasn't napping he was having fun trying to strangle Papa with his hat strap and riding a Tauntaun looking stuffed animal (I really wanted to buy it but it was in the $300 range, yikes)



I will be sure never to miss this event again...maybe next time I'll make it a two day event!  Geek out everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment